As of October 1, 2017, Timelist Group will no longer be authorizing Course Material to be conducted inside CDCR except for those institutions with licensing agreement, like DVI-Tracy. The Timelist Group program was established back in 2009 inside Avenal State Prison and has an excellent track record in providing rehabilitation to the inmate population. This service has been noted by Jennifer Shaffer, ED of BPH in Sacramento where Timelist has presented on several occasions to their commissioners. Since the merger of Timelist with Roots Community Health Center, a lot has changed both administratively as well as growth as an organization. To maintain an efficient operation with positive outcomes, we must be able to account for all our services and expenses associated with our programming.
As a courtesy to the individuals that have participated in the Timelist Programs as facilitators we would like to certify them if they have been responsible for conducting workshops. We are asking that the full names and CDCR# of those who have been acting as facilitators be sent to us asap. These names will be kept in a database which would allow us to track all members who are qualified to conduct Timelist curricula.
Going forward, all new facilitators will have to go through a four week or (4-hour) training provided by Roots employees upon the request of institutions and after completing our licensing agreement. Without a licensing agreement, any use of Timelist Group (Timeless) material will not be permitted.
For the past five years we have relied solely on in-kind contributions and monetary donations from the public to sustain our programs inside CDCR. Now that we offer multiple programs and services, it is not easy to urge donors to support in-prison programming as our reentry services expand. We hope that our programs will be able to continue and flourish at your institution. We have updated all our course material and have added programs for reentry supportive services.
So, if you have any questions about this memorandum, please feel free to contact me at: email@example.com or by phone at: 510-356-7992. Thank you for your time and support.
Our Timelist Group program aim to end the cycle of violence, crime, poverty, unemployment and recidivism. This is an educational platform created by formerly incarcerated individuals. The curricula is designed to empower individuals that participate in our workshop series and complete our courses.
Impact – We receive hundreds of letters annually from CDCR inmates that are saying how much they are benefiting from our courses. These letters are coming from Avenal State Prison, Valley State Prison, CMC-West, DVI-Tracy and other institutions. A large portion of our mail is from inmates requesting our courses at their institution. This mail has come from Centinela State Prison, Salinas Valley State Prison, Corcoran, Chuckawula and other facilties.
- Substance Abuse Program – SUBI bridging project and other modules
- Conflict Resolution (Anger Management Course)
- Chivalry – Development of Manhood
- Parenting Course (M.O.P.E.)
- S.A.F.E. (Staying Out of Prison-Addressing Addiction-Family in Crisis-Earning a Legit Livelihood
- S.P.M.D. (Street and Prison Mindset Detoxification)
- D.V.P. (Domestic Violence Prevention)
- G.R.P. (Gang Rehabilitation and Prevention)
- S.T.O.P. (Straight Talk On Point)
- S.G.R. (Nine Steps to Street Gang Recovery)
- S.E.R.I.O.U.S. (Severing Dangerous Ties-Erasing Bad Conduct-Removing Harm-Identifying Self-Organizing-Utilizing Ones Times-Searching for Truth
- One on One Mentoring
- Tutoring in Math, English and Science
- G.E.D. Preparation (New Haven Adult School)
- Computer Literacy
- Life Skills
- R.D.I.P. (Resume Development and Interview Preparation)
- Cisco Networking Academy, i.e. IT Essentials, CCNA I,II
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Office Services
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship Development
- Emancipator Program Clean 360 (Soap Factory) – Oakland
- Clean 360 – Los Angeles
What Have Been Said About Our Program
By Jennifer Shaffer, Executive Officer CDCR-BPH
By Tony Acosta, City Manager City of Union City CA